Balboa Fast Track - January 2018Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM - Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 7:30 PM (BST) More Information →
What is your new year goal for dance? It is time to learn balboa!
Taught by Hongbae & Amelie, this is a special 5-week course aimed at learning the basics of Balboa, another great dance of the swing dance family!
Balboa is optimised for dancing in the crowded ballroom, but you can also do fancy balswing variations in non-crowded dance floor! The 5 weeks course will introduce you core movement of purebal and balswing. Furthermore, there will be another 3 weeks of clinic session for those who want to nail down their balboa feet and learn beginner+ movement. Beginners’ balboa performance opportunity will be given to course participants in March with an additional training! Only limited spaces are available.
- Every Tuesday at The Oxford Retreat between18:30 - 19: 30 (9th Jan - 6th Feb)
- Three weeks clinic sessions will be continued after balboa fast track
- You will get chance to participate beginners balboa performance in March.
If you don’t know what Balboa looks like, check out these videos:
If you have any issues with the booking process please email Oxford Lindy Hoppers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes must be booked in advance and there are limited spaces. We prefer if you book with a buddy to keep the class balanced, so grab a booking partner and book early. Feel free to use our event or Facebook page as an opportunity to find a booking partner. The class ethos is the same as all OLH classes, but the method employed is a much more intense burst of teaching.
The benefits to you are:
- small classes with limited, equal numbers of leaders and followers
- personal, honest feedback
- a set curriculum that will make sure you learn the essential material
- FREE entrance to the Swing Fix social dance following the classes
- central Oxford location
The lessons are held upstairs at the Oxford Retreat, OX1 2EW, before Swing Fix (your course fee includes entry to the social part of Swing Fix).