Both days for £60, One Day £35
Each day will run from 12 noon until 5pm including breaks. Full weekend tickets are now on sale with single days going on sale from 1 September (subject to availability).
These workshops are aimed at dancers that dance in the follow role from Improver level (OLH level 2) upwards. This is a gender neutral workshop and is also open to dancers that lead and also like to follow.
The Dynamic Follower
Become a ‘Dynamic Follower’ – one that every leader wants to dance with!
To teach followers the techniques involved in delivering optimum performance.
- Recognise the ‘connection signals’ in their own body as well as those in their leads’ so, they can become a more instinctive and intuitive dancer and;
- Explore what other aspects of their dancing contributes to being ‘dynamic’ and having presence on the dance floor
- Body awareness’ through Posture, Tone, Energy and Direction.
- Focus on exercises and movement that explains and practices how it all works and fits together.
- Learn basic ‘leading skills’ to help understand the dance conversation to make things work.
- Better Connection/ Matching your partner
- Role playing/ reverse roles – Managing your Posture
- Understanding your Swing footwork rhythms
Absolutely Fabulous (Ab Fab)
Be fabulously stylish and look and feel great whilst doing it.
To raise confidence levels and give permission to establish ‘ownership’ within the dance
- Show how followers can practice and improve their skills on their own
- To share ideas of how you can stand out from the crowd
- Give followers a toolkit of stylish variations.
- Making the most of what you have.
- Explore how we can practice body movement and exercises on our own in order to facilitate change and make improvement.
- Swing out, core variations for follower’s feet and arms.
- No-Man Swing out drill
- Learning sassy Swivels
- Eye catching Swing out variations
- Elegant Arm variations